Beechlawn farmhouse dating Sex free bristol
Wilde describes this house as follows "More to the west there recently existed the residence of the late proprietor, A. Lambert Esq., constructed of the unhewn, weather-worn, but square stones, collected in the locality.Being no longer required, and not being quite congruous with the scene, it has been removed".Home of the Hemsworth family in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by Thomas Hemsworth in 1814. Hemsworth was resident in 1837 and in the early 1850s.Thomas George Hemsworth of Abbeville owned 387 acres in the 1870s.The Phillips family continued in residence until the 1860s after which it was occupied by a succession of owners until the 1990s when it was sold to the Electricity Supply Board who demolished the house. Mc Ternan states that it was leased to William Fleming after the death of William Phibbs in 1785.The original house was built in 1716 but extensively modernised afterwards. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was being leased by James Fleming from William Phibbs and was valued at £6.At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it was being leased from the Lane Fox estate by Henry Palmer and was valued at £4.This house is still extant and in 2015 was offered for sale.
A new house has been built at the site but the ruins of the original outbuildings still exist.
Abberanville House is descibed as "in ruins" on the 1st edition OS map.
The townland, containing 24 acres, was part of John B. In 1786, Wilson refers to Abbert as the seat of Mr. Occupied by David Watson Ruttledge at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the buildings were valued at £35.
The property was bought by Anthony Carolan of Crossmolina at the sale in 1852 and the house was later lived in by the parish priest. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Alexander Phillips was leasing a house valued at almost £14 at Abbeyquarter North, barony of Carbury, from the Cooper estate.
Mc Ternan states that it was built in the later eighteenth century and described in 1878 "as a beautifully situated villa residence with attractive grounds".
The remains of this building are now used by the Board of Works.